TOMS’ One Day Without Shoes is the day we spread awareness about the impact a simple pair of shoes can have on a child’s life. On April 8th, we ask people to go the day, part of the day or even just a few minutes, barefoot, to experience a life without shoes first-hand, and inspire others at the same time.
– In some developing nations, children must walk for miles to school, clean water and to seek medical help.
– Cuts and sores on feet can lead to serious infection.
– Often, children cannot attend school barefoot.
– In Ethiopia, approximately one million people are suffering from Podoconiosis, a debilitating and disfiguring disease caused by walking barefoot in volcanic soil.
– Podoconiosis is 100% preventable with basic foot hygiene and wearing shoes
Learn more at TOMS and register for a chance to win a spot on a TOMS Shoe Drop.